Monday, September 10, 2012

Finished A Goal!

Thanks to Amy's Creative Side, a popular blog I visit often, I was motivated to complete one of my goals for this month: Sew together one of the quilt tops that I will be giving as a Christmas present this year. I had so much trouble with this pattern. As a beginner, I have a really hard time understanding the directions and cutting. Well the pattern that I choose was so confusing that even the ladies at my local quilt shop, Judy's Quilting Center, was a little confused. The sad part is the pattern has "easy" right in the name. I don't want to mention the pattern or who it was by because I really don't want to bad mouth anyone.


That blue line is supposed to be my center mark. That is how messed up the cutting directions were and how a beginner should be able to handle something deemed as "easy."


Well here is the finished quilt top so we'll see how it all comes together. Plus I get to see how I probably royally messed this quilt up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment