Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Newbe First

Every month, do you go to the grocery store and look at latest issues of quilting magazines? When you leap through the magazine, do you find a project you can not wait to make? Then you go to the quilt shop and say to yourself "I'm just looking around," and then coming home with an armful of fabric says otherwise!

A few days ago a hexagon table topper designed by Sherri K. Falls caught my eye in the Fall 2012 issue of Quilts and More. After what was supposed to be a research trip to Joanne Fabrics, I carried three colorful fat quarters out of the store for the project. The fabrics are cotton flower patterns in vibrant purple, blue, pink, and white. I am making this project all by hand, a newbe first for me.

When I read the pattern, it said to use paper piecing, something I have never done before. But wouldn't the paper rip when you try to sew it? It says to fabric glue it in so does that mean it is to stay in there? Wouldn't the paper make a funny scrunching noise when you move it around on your table? I should research paper piecing for my Sunday blog series, Tools Of The Trade.

Would anyone have some advice for me as to how to use paper piecing? I am lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment